Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Northwoods Community Church. Please take a few minutes to review the current job openings, then complete the application form below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Maintains accounts payable, contributions and performs other general office procedures by completing the following duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributions/Receipts: Verifies and posts details of contributions and “in house” receipts. Prepares statistical data of contributions and church attendance on a weekly basis. Deposits contribution checks and “in house” receipts in bank.
- Accounts Payable: Posts invoices and processes accounts payable checks weekly, verifying documentation. Follows up on statements indicating unpaid invoices. Obtains W-9s for Independent Contractors, maintains files for 1099s
- Payroll: Calculates employee wages from records or time cards and prepares direct deposit and/or checks for payment of wages. Submits employment tax payments for withdrawal. Submits 401k contributions. Keeps track of part-time employees’ budgeted hours.
- Credit Cards: Checks submitted reports for accuracy and posts charges to financial software.
- Safe Pull: Assist another staff member in the processing of weekly gifts or other weekly income as needed.
- Journals: Posts journal entries requested by supervisor and Northwoods ministries.
- Projects: Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Meetings: Attend monthly Operations Department meetings for fellowship.
- Staff Meetings: Attend staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters.
- Budgets: Helps in the yearly budget process.
Interaction With OthersThe Bookkeeper will have interaction with lay leaders, staff, church attendees, and the general public on a regular basis.
Desired Skills and Abilities
A familiarity with Accounting Systems, the ability to work independently and accurately. Strong oral communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word. Complete confidentiality required.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Administration, Service, Wisdom
Educational and Experience Required
Two years related experience and/or training.