Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Northwoods Community Church. Please take a few minutes to review the current job openings, then complete the application form below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Children’s Ministry Central Service Associate will provide key leadership over the processing of curriculum and the global communication, with a focus on social media, of Discoveryland. This position requires oversight of curriculum and resources required to effectively support our campuses, and ensure the correct use of these tools. This position will support the Children’s Ministry Director with both short term and long term projects, and assist in oversight of Discoveryland on all campuses during weekend services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Care: Provide primary care for each volunteer team under your leadership.
- Coaching: Provide ministry coaching and accountability with campus teams.
- Curriculum: Develop teams to process, communicate, and deliver curriculum and supplies, ensuring all divisions, on each campus, are adequately resourced to carry out the weekly lesson.
- Communication: Develop and maintain avenues of communication focusing on social media and other forms of mass distribution to highlight the ministry of Discoveryland, emphasizing the weekend ministry and experience.
- Departmental meetings: Attend Discoveryland staff meetings.
- Staff Meetings: Attend staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters.
- Outreach and Ministry Events: Support the Children’s Ministry team with communication and resources for outreach and ministry events in accordance with Discoveryland goals.
- Teamwork: Assist the Children’s Ministry team in various projects as needed to build teamwork.
- Procedures: Support the development of processes and procedures to effectively train volunteers in Discoveryland. This effort would include: recruitment, apprenticeship training, and formal training opportunities. These training initiatives would be carried out to ensure the effectiveness of our weekend programming and outreach efforts.
- Facility: Monitor all Discoveryland campus facilities and ensure its contents are safe, clean, and in good order for every service.
- Community: Provide opportunities for volunteers in your care to connect relationally in a community environment.
- Oversee: Assist with oversight of Discoveryland during our regular service times.
- Budget: Assist the Children’s Ministry Director with the preparation of the annual budget.
Interaction with OthersAble to work well with other Northwoods’ staff, adult volunteers, parents, and children. Frequent interaction with key Discoveryland leadership and the Children’s Ministry Director for the purpose of care giving, truth telling, listening, and transparency is expected.
Desired Skills and AbilitiesAdministration, computer and Microsoft Office knowledge, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, love for God and volunteers, desire to see others success, self-educator, demonstrate initiative, innovative.
Beneficial Spiritual GiftsLeadership, Administration, Shepherding, and Wisdom
Educational and Experience RequiredCollege degree preferred, demonstrated experience in written communication, proficient in various aspects of social media (i.e. Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.), digital savvy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support: Provide administrative support to the Multisite Director.
- Database: Work within ACS as required.
- Projects: Complete projects assigned by the Multisite Director
- Expense reports: Prepare the Director’s monthly expense report.
- Filing: Create and maintain an effective filing system.
- Reports: Prepare reports as needed.
- Scheduling: Maintain Multisite Director’s Outlook calendar and email.
- Communication: Answer phone calls, prepare letters, emails, mailings, etc. as needed.
- Staff Meetings: Attend staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters
- Resources: Ensure campus resources are on hand for weekend services.
Interaction with Others
This person will work closely with the Multisite Director.
Desired Skills and Abilities
This individual should have good people skills, a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Educational and Experience Required
Skills to fulfill the position.