Employment at Northwoods Church
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Northwoods Community Church. Please take a few minutes to review the current job openings, then complete the application form below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Online Campus Associate assists the Online Campus Team by leading and developing the online presence of Northwoods. The Online Associate should be passionate about the idea of partnering with existing ministry efforts and innovating new methods extending ministry online. This role also requires someone who can resource online attendees, providing leadership with pastoral oversight, has strong understanding of the tech (a technical guru not a technical expert, but isn’t afraid of online tools & video streaming etc.) and can invest in the team of volunteers to support the Online Campus. The Online Campus Associate should be innovative with online tools and resources and ready to help Northwoods take the Online Campus to the next level by fostering community for attendees distant and local.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the campus team:
- Recruit, coordinate/ schedule, develop and equip volunteers.
- Set priorities and clarify expectations.
- Manage campus budget.
- Shepherd the online attendees:
- Provide guidance and leadership to Online Campus Volunteers and Community.
- Oversee and participate in pastoral care.
- Lead and manage Online Community group
- Lead attendees toward attending on campus or home church gatherings
- Lead attendees toward local or online small groups
- Developing & Coaching leaders of online groups
- Passionate about connecting people of all walks of life and people groups across geographic regions.
- Ensure success of the weekend experience:
- Equip & Train teams that focus on the online attendee’s experience.
- Partner with Broadcast Audio, Technical and Media teams.
- Connect volunteers and attendees to the vision of the Northwoods & online ministry.
- Communicates well:
- Written: Live Chat, Prayer Chat, Online Community Group, Email etc.
- Spoken: Live and Recorded On camera communication
- Aware of leading-edge tools, processes and technology to take online ministry to the next level goals including:
- Increased Weekend Attendance, regularly seeing new people saying “YES” to Jesus, Multiplication of Home Groups, Increased engagement in the online community, and enhanced online engagement with local and online attendees.
- Champion the Northwoods vision:
- Stay connected to central leadership and global priorities.
- Reinforce the “four walls” of the weekend experience and mid-week ways to connect in community.
- Be future-looking and context-aware with a mind for assessing community needs and ministry opportunities.
- Oversee Online Technical Operations
- Maintain Online Streaming hardware and software
- Manage relationships with solutions providers / Streaming CDNs
- Maintain and update Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast and other OTT Devices and related content
- Collaborate with the IT and Communications teams on mobile streaming development.
- Lead the campus team:
Interaction With Others
The Online Associate will interact with attendees on camera, in chat and in other methods and should be able to communicate well with attendees as a key staff member representing Northwoods online. Additionally, the Online Associate will interact internally with staff across all teams and should be able to communicate well and represent the Online team in internal interactions.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively coordinate several simultaneous activities in a dynamic work environment with frequent changes of work priorities, scope, and schedules.
- Ability to develop and apply innovative concepts to the Online Campus.
- Customer-driven and comfortable with a wide variety of people types as well as many different technologies.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Administration, Helps, Service, and Leadership
Educational and Experience Required
- FEC Ministry license is a plus but not required.
- At least three to five years experience in similar field or role.